In this online workshop, discover the essential principles, practices, and benefits of Yoga Nidra, or “yogic sleep”. Go far beyond deep relaxation to a place of natural peace and quiet that is tremendously healing for the body, mind, and spirit. Yoga Nidra reliably reveals and awakens your inner reservoir of intuitive understanding and unconditional joy.
You will learn progressive relaxation skills, specialized breathing techniques, guided imagery, mindfulness to easily create a deep meditative state, and unique skills for handling stress and tension.
Yoga Nidra is based on Yoga teachings and backed by contemporary science. Yoga Nidra is fundamental to a complete Hatha Yoga session and can also be done as a separate practice on its own. It is gratifying and exhilarating.
- Experience six amazing levels of relaxation to replenish your energy and activate creativity and intuition using pratyahara (sensory withdrawal)
- Clear out useless habits, bringing about positive and permanent changes in your personality and life by using sankalpa (self-selected resolve)
- Boost the immune system, regulate blood pressure, decrease pain, and improve other health conditions
- Regular practice can improve memory, concentration, and relieve anxiety and depression
- Feel truly refreshed: One hour of Yoga Nidra practice is equal to four hours of sleep
Live sessions with Julie at 7–9 pm EDT each Wednesday
You will also have access to the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm and access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
By the conclusion of the workshop, you will feel replenished and be able to take the practice of Yoga Nidra anywhere.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 6 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellent. The Yoga Nidra program was very well done. I got more out of it than I expected. I will continue the practice—that is where the real value lies. I was able to experience the same lightness I find in deep meditation. Julie was very detailed and to the point. Also, the personal examples and experiences of others brought all the aspects together. — Past Participant
Truly one of my favorite programs, and I’ve attended many. Julie’s program reached beyond “how to teach” Yoga Nidra. Julie’s way is very uplifting, pure, open-minded, and adaptive. There is so much more to Yoga Nidra than I imagined and I am so fortunate to have had the opportunity to discover it with Julie! — Lisa C.
Julie has over 35 years of expertise in stress relief, Yoga, relaxation training, guided imagery, and meditation as an international author, recording artist, and workshop leader. Julie is the author of Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief, Yoga Meditations, two volumes of 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery, and Inner Healing, and Desktop Yoga®. Her CDs include Wholesome Relaxation, Power of Presence, Blue Moon Rising, and many others. The retreats, trainings, and seminars she presents are relaxing, reflective, and revitalizing. She is talented in bringing the best out in others through her depth of knowledge, natural lightheartedness, and caring nature. Julie is available as a business and conference speaker and consultant to groups and individuals. She has been presenting at the Psychology of Health Immunity and Disease Conference for ten years, National Wellness Conference for fifteen years, Kripalu Yoga Center for nine years, Speaking of Women’s Health for four years, Discovery Yoga for four years, and many others.
- Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation & Stress Relief, New Harbinger, Oakland, CA, 2015
- Yoga Meditations: Timeless Mind-Body Practices for Awakening, Whole Person Associates, Duluth, MN. 2005
- Desktop Yoga, Penguin Group / Perigee Books, New York, NY. 1998. Translated into Spanish, Dutch and German
- 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery and Inner Healing, Vol. 2, Whole Person Associates, Duluth, MN—First edition 1993, second edition 2015
- 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery and Inner Healing, Vol. 1, Whole Person Associates, Duluth, MN—First edition 1992, second edition 2015. Translated into Spanish and Italian
- Refreshing Journeys (Whole Person Associates, Duluth, MN)
- Real Relaxation: Yoga Nidra (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Sa Ta Na Ma Meditation (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Power of Presence (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Wholesome Relaxation (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Wholesome Energizers (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
- Blue Moon Rising (Kunaki Publishers / WR)
See more at JulieLusk.com